Donnerstag, 7. August 2008

The Friends of Distinction - Love can make it easier (1973)



Yeah! Just came back from a digging trip in Munich and will start again with some new posts. So let me begin with the 4th album "Love can make it easier" from one of my favourite soul-groups the Friends of Distinction. I found it over here for 7 Euros (!!!) and i think i would have spent more for it. Very soulful and, at some times, very funky album for a sun shining day like today!
Hip Hop heads will recognize the sample at the beginning from "Thumbtripping" which was used from Pacewon for a song, which title i forgot right now, sorry ... but just listen and you´ll see!

Here´s a review about the Friends and here you can see the tracklist:

  1. Love can make it easier
  2. No one´s gonna be a fool forever
  3. Now is the time
  4. Believe in me
  5. You´re gonna make it
  6. The Chittlin Song
  7. Ain´t no woman (like the one i´ve got)
  8. The way we planned it
  9. Thumbtripping
  10. Easy Evil
  11. Only give love

PS: Sorry for the quality of song number 7, the beginning is kind of bad quality, but it will be better after a few seconds!

So go and get it, it´s worth a listen anyway!

Enjoy the special vinyl rip!


Ain´t no woman: (funkay!)

15 Kommentare:

Soulfinga hat gesagt…

Here´s the link folks!

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?vucnneaythi


and be nice and leave a comment;-)

cheerz, Soulfinga

Anonym hat gesagt…

soulfinga,
Thanks for sharing I really like this album.

Sergej hat gesagt…

Thank you. Amazing blog.

Anonym hat gesagt…

Goddamn, I just discovered this blog a minute ago ... and fell in love!
Respect, man!
Thanx,
St33v3

djandpete hat gesagt…

thank you

trakbuv hat gesagt…

Thought I'd be nice and leave a comment - Love FOD to death - and I don't have this - so you know I si gonna dig this. Bless you Soulfinga and your crazy blog !!

Andre B hat gesagt…

thanks soulfinga you got some real nice gems here keep up the good work.

Gianni aka Cesare Barbetta hat gesagt…

thank you soulfinga!
hot lp!

Anonym hat gesagt…

wawww!!!!!big,big thnx mr soulfinga....big big up tnhx

MaDuke hat gesagt…

Thank you You got soul!!!!

johnv hat gesagt…

I feel you on the Friends, Soulfinga. Great group, great sound and a great album.

Anonym hat gesagt…

Thank u. Great Blog!

jahcisco hat gesagt…

Nice blog. Thanks for the album.

Anonym hat gesagt…

Thanks for this one! Great blog!!

Phoenix Barcinonensis hat gesagt…

Danke, danke, danke, tanze, tanze, tanze :)