Freitag, 29. Januar 2010

V.A. The Third Millenium Vol.1 - Hidden treasures from the italian vaults of 60´s and 70´s





Here we go again for the new year and I wish all of you visitors the best for the new century!!!

So let´s start with a nice and rare compilation from the Studio Uno Label, which was compiled by Paolo Scotti & James Sheppard.
I found this one while diggin´ in the crates from my favourite vinyl-shop and must say, this one is is worth a listen. I found a review here, so let´s see what he thinks about this groovy double-lp:

"Hidden treasures from the Italian vaults of 60's and 70's" reads the subtitle. Opening with two versions of "W La Felicita" ("Viva Happiness" from the soundtrack for the European cartoon Signor Rossi), the collection gets a cheery albeit unconventional start. Back to back servings of the same melody, then a mediocre third track will have you wondering if this is going to be a good compilation. After all, the cover art isn't very hip looking with its old-fashioned sepia-toned photo of a lady's ruffled arm reaching for an antiquated turntable's tone arm. But fear not, there are better tracks to come. Max Rocci's "Outcast" and Alberto Baldan Bembo's "Kama Sutra" are early standouts. Things get aggressively funky on tracks like Gerardo Iacoucci's "Citta Del Capo". But the easiest, most pleasing groove must be Nino Rapicavoli's "Dispersione". And things get twisted on "Bisca" by G. Sorgini and A. Alessandroni. If some of those composers aren't ringing a bell, Marc 4 and Piero Piccioni also show up. Like any decent compilation, The Third Millennium has its highs and lows, but the highs definitely make it worthwhile.


WORD!
So here you go ... peace, Soulfinga

8 Kommentare:

Reza hat gesagt…

Looks good esp as Paolo Scotti compd' it , now where would I hide that dl link ?

Soulfinga hat gesagt…

you was faster than me man,hehe!

I had to upload it, it takes me some time, but here it comes:

http://sharebee.com/a376aaf7

cheerz!!!

Reza hat gesagt…

Your da man , thanking you

Your post tappeared atop of my blogsearch page thats why I was so quick lol

http://turnthatjunglemusicdown.blogspot.com/

raremarc hat gesagt…

killer comp!

i love marc 4's andre
many thanx
u have a very good ear

raremarc hat gesagt…

the bad thing...poor 128kbps :(

could u rip'em in 192 or 320if u please?
it would be great

cheers

Ray hat gesagt…

Only 6 tracks survived extraction, but I love it. I'm going to try again.

phlosofresh hat gesagt…

Thanks good post

the saucer people hat gesagt…

Italians Do It Better! HellYeah!
This is one hell of a cool compilation and I almost feel churlish asking but as I noticed you reuploaded a couple of posts in a higher bitrate, is there any possibility of doing the same with The Third Millenium Italian 60s/70s compilation?

Doesn't seem to have been posted anywhere else on the net either!